forum allenamento { UCP }

Allenamento per il Nuoto

»

Equipaggiamento

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: the other guys start
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 04:19 

ASPEN, Colo. -- Canadian Roz Groenewoud put her new knees to the test on Friday. Groenewoud earned a total score of 85.66 to win silver in womens ski superpipe at the Winter X Games, her first competition since she had surgery on both of her knees in December. "Im really happy with the progress Ive made," said Groenewoud. "This is I think my fifth day skiing pipe since double-knee surgery so Im super-happy with how its progressed." American Maddie Bowman was first with 88.66 points in the eight-woman event, while Frances Marie Martinod was third with 82.33. Groenewoud, from Squamish, B.C., will represent Canada in halfpipe skiing at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, and is getting her knees ready for the rigours of competition. "They definitely started to feel a little bit sore toward my last competition run," said Groenewoud. "Im glad that Im done for the day and I can go put them on ice. "Every day theyre feeling better. Theyre adapting to skiing halfpipe." The Winter X Games are Groenewouds last competition before the Olympics. The 24-year-old will briefly return home before heading to France for the Olympic freestyle ski teams pre-Olympics training camp. "Im looking forward to getting to work on some of my harder tricks in our upcoming pre-Olympic camp," said Groenewoud. "Hopefully Ill be doing some of those in Sochi." Rehabilitating her knees will be an ongoing concern for Groenewoud, as her legs have to recover while she gets herself into peak shape for the halfpipe competition. "I had this very naive notion that the rehab process was over as soon as I got back on the snow," she said. "I quickly learned that I will be taking care of my body intensely probably all the way through Sochi." Later in the day in mens competition, Mike Riddle of Sherwood Park, Alta. finished fourth in the ski superpipe with a best run of 84.33. American David Wise won gold with a score of 92.00, Kevin Rolland of France took silver at 88.66 and American Alex Ferreira rounded out the podium with a score of 85.33. . Fans in the Jets viewing region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 5:30pm ct and listeners can tune in to TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg. . Didnt need any help this time. Wood beat Cincinnati for the first time in his career, repeatedly pitching out of threats for seven innings, and Chicago stalled the Reds week-long surge with a 2-0 victory Monday night. . Ricciardo made it only halfway around the Jerez track before his RB10 rolled to a stop and began spouting smoke from the back. After team mechanics tended to the car, Ricciardo went back out for a mere two trips around the circuit before calling it quits. . Mohamed Diame put West Ham ahead in the 47th minute before goals by substitutes Carlton Cole and Joe Cole condemned Fulham to a fifth straight defeat, keeping the visitors in the bottom three. . Now the Minnesota Vikings have set their sights on soccer.KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Canadian Daniel Nestor and Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic lost 6-4, 7-6(4) to Americans Jack Sock and Ryan Harrison in a mens doubles quarterfinal at the Sony Open on Wednesday. The young American pair put out the match-tough, sixth-seeded veterans in 73 minutes as Nestor and Zimonjic let opportunities slip. Nestor suffered disappointment at the tournament for a second consecutive year following an exit in the 2013 second round. Nestor and former partner Max Mirnyi played in the final at the event in 2011 and 2012. Nestor, from Toronto, won the 2002 title with Mark Knowles of the Bahamas. Zimonjic began the match well enough with a love game but also lost his serve in the ninth game as Sock and Harrison toook a 5-4 lead before serving out the first set in 27 minutes.dddddddddddd The second set went into a tiebreaker as Nestor and Zimonjic tried to recover only to go down to the loss. "There were some service games in the first set where we gave them too many chances," Nestor said. "We didnt do a lot and they took advantage. "There are days like this when you dont come out sharp or the other guys start getting more confidence and go for their shots more. "They were playing well today. All opponent are tough, we knew what to expect. But some days you are mentally sharp and ready to play -- other days not so much, like today." Nestor will next play on clay at Monte Carlo in mid-April. ' ' '

Allenamento per il Nuoto

»

Equipaggiamento