forum allenamento { UCP }

Allenamento per lo Sci

»

Sci Alpinismo

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Jets are led by
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2019, 06:06 

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Pirates are one win away from hosting a playoff game. Marlon Byrd had three hits and Pedro Alvarez hit a two-run homer high off the batters eye on Friday night, leading Pittsburgh over the Cincinnati Reds 4-1 in a series that will decide which one hosts the NL wild-card game. Both teams clinched post-season berths this week. The Pirates chances of winning the NL Central ended later Friday night when St. Louis beat the Cubs 7-0 to clinch the title. So now it comes down to the wild-card playoff next Tuesday night, and the Pirates are one win away from taking it to PNC Park. Nice way to start a decisive series. "Its huge," Byrd said. "We want to get that one-game playoff in Pittsburgh." Byrd and Alvarez provided all of the Pirates runs off Homer Bailey (11-12), who is struggling with his control heading into the post-season. A.J. Burnett (10-11) handled the Reds slumping lineup, allowing Todd Fraziers homer and five hits overall in eight innings. Jason Grilli gave up a hit in the ninth while getting his 33rd save in 35 chances. "It gives us some momentum, no doubt about that," manager Clint Hurdle said. "When you pretty much dominate through eight innings, it sparks everybody. Thats what we were looking for from him." Cincinnati has lost three straight and scored one run in the last 22 innings. "Once I got that (homer), I thought we might get a spark going, but we couldnt find it," Frazier said. The bruising, tight-as-could-be series has gone up and down the Ohio River all summer long with neither team able to get much advantage. The Pirates lead the series 9-8. Fourteen of the 17 games have been decided by three runs or less. Batters have been plunked 26 times during the season series, most in the majors this year. Its the biggest series between them since 1990, when the Reds beat Barry Bonds and the Pirates to reach the World Series, where they swept Oakland for their last title. The Pirates got the early advantage in this decisive series by beating Bailey, who threw the first of his two no-hitters at PNC Park on Sept. 28 last year. Since then, hes failed to beat the Pirates in four starts, going 0-3. Control has been a problem lately. He helped the Pirates load the bases in the third on a hit batter and a pair of walks, and Byrd -- an August trade acquisition from the Mets -- singled through the hole at shortstop for a 2-0 lead. Byrd doubled off the top of the wall in centre field to open the sixth, and Alvarez hit his 35th homer high off the batters eye for a 4-1 lead that ended Baileys outing. He gave up four runs, four hits, four walks, hit two batters and threw a wild pitch. "Any time you can get separation in the lead against a team like the Reds, its huge," Alvarez said. "Thats why we were all pretty excited. You can never have too much breathing room with those guys." Burnett handled Cincinnatis slumping lineup, retiring the last 10 batters he faced. Frazier hit his 19th homer off the screen on the left-field foul pole in the fourth, ending Cincinnatis streak of 16 scoreless innings. Burnett also beat the Reds and Bailey 4-2 last Saturday at PNC Park, allowing only four hits and fanning 12 in seven innings. He followed that outing by getting the Pirates off to the start they wanted at Great American Ball Park. "Anytime you come into somebody elses house in the first game, you want to do that," Burnett said. "It just happens to be an important part of the season." Joey Votto singled twice, surpassing Pete Roses club record of reaching base 311 times in a season. NOTES: The Reds wore their Los Rojos jerseys to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. ... Hurdle will change his starting pitcher on Sunday if nothings at stake. RH Gerrit Cole (10-7) is scheduled to go against RH Johnny Cueto (5-2). Hurdle would keep Cole available as insurance for the wild-card game on Tuesday. ... Alvarezs homer gave him 99 RBIs. ... Reds manager Dusty Baker doesnt plan to use LH Tony Cingrani in relief during the series. Cingrani is recovering from his second bout of back spasms. ... Bronson Arroyo (14-11) starts on Saturday against Pittsburghs Charlie Morton (7-4). Morton has given up only one run in his last three starts at Great American Ball Park, throwing two complete games. Nike Shoes Clearance Sale Online . "It was awesome," he said. Coming off an ugly three-game sweep at the hands of the Yankees, Toronto found itself in a deep hole early after the Reds put an eight spot up on starter Liam Hendriks (six runs in 1 2/3 innings pitched) and Todd Redmond in the second. Cheap Nike Shoes China Free Shipping . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season. http://www.cheapnikeshoesonline.com/ .Voegele will next play Anna Schmiedlova of Slovakia, who saved 10 of 16 break points to defeat Annika Beck of Germany 7-6 (6), 6-4.Also, Marina Erakovic of New Zealand defeated eighth-seeded Caroline Garcia of France 6-2, 4-6, 6-4. Cheap Nike Shoes China . On Wednesday night, they showed that stellar defence and a little small ball can get the job done too. With pinch-runner Kevin Pillar aboard after Dioner Navarro opened the bottom of the ninth with a single, Anthony Gose dropped down an excellent bunt along the first-base line. Wholesale Nike Shoes For Sale . Sundays game against the Colorado Rapids at B.C. Place Stadium has important implications in determining Major League Soccers playoff picture and will also mark the final game in the career of veteran South Korean defender Young-Pyo Lee.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - There were times in Philadelphia when Andy Reid and Michael Vick would be the last ones in the Eagles facility, going over game film and talking about life late into the night.Often, Reid would jokingly tell Vick what he would do to stop him.For the second time in two years, Reid will have to draw on that knowledge.Vick was handed the starting job for the New York Jets this week, taking over from slumping Geno Smith.And wouldnt you know it? The Jets are headed to Kansas City on Sunday, where Reid has been busy preparing the Chiefs to slow down the veteran quarterback.If there is anybody who knows me its him, and there has been times that he has sat there and told me what he would do if he played me, Vick said. I played against Kansas City last year and it wasnt easy by any stretch. But like I said, thats part of the challenge.Vick was still with the Eagles a year ago, when Reid returned to Philadelphia in his first season with the Chiefs. He threw for 201 yards, but was picked off twice in a 26-16 defeat.The two have remained close, their relationship forged by years of turmoil in both of their lives. It was Reid who gave Vick a second chance when he was released from a federal prison near Kansas City after serving a sentence on dog-fighting charges. It was Vick who lent his shoulder to Reid two years ago, when his son Garrett died of a drug overdose.You guys know how proud I am of him for the man that he is and the things that hes done to change things around and kind of bounce back, Reid said. You never slight Michael Vick.Even at the age of 34, when most running quarterbacks have started to slow down.Hes going to be 50 years old and still be the fastest guy on the field, Reid added.Vick will certainly face a stiff challenge in the Chiefs (4-3), who have the NFLs third-ranked defence and the best against the pass.Kansas City is coming off a 34-7 rout of St. Louis, a game that was so lopsided that its backup defence played most of the fourth quarter.The Jets (1-7) counter with the leagues fourth-ranked rushing offence, which should be bolstered by Vicks mobility. But with a pass offence that is last in the NFL, Vicks ability too connect with wide receivers downfield — and back the Chiefs off the line of scrimmage — could be crucial.ddddddddddddBy the way, that defence is co-ordinated by Bob Sutton, who spent 13 seasons as an assistant with the Jets. In many ways, it mirrors what Rex Ryan does with his own defence.There are a lot of similarities on both sides of the ball, Ryan said. We probably know each other well, its just a matter of going out and seeing who can out-execute who.WHAT ABOUT GENO: Vick has only been appointed starter on a game-by-game basis, and Ryan hasnt ruled out going back to Geno Smith. Whenever I get a shot to play, obviously I have to do better than I have done previously, Smith said. Im going to take it with the same mindset that I have always had, be confident, go out there and play the game.SPEAKING OF QBS: Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith practiced all week after spraining his throwing shoulder before halftime last week against St. Louis. He still finished the game, going 24 of 28 for 226 yards. I was a little sore, Smith acknowledged, but I felt 100 per cent, and felt like I could do everything that I needed to do.SACK CITY: Both teams have 24 sacks, tied for fourth-most in the league. The Jets are led by Muhammad Wilkerson, Calvin Pace and Sheldon Richardson, who played college ball at Missouri. The Chiefs are led by Tamba Hali and Justin Houston, who had three sacks last week and has a league-leading 10 on the season. Houston is a great player, Ryan said. Theres no doubt.SPECIAL DELIVERY: Chiefs running back Knile Davis returned a kick 99 yards for a touchdown against the Rams last weekend. It was the second kickoff return of his career. Hes blessed with great speed along with that size, Reid said. Hes taking great pride in this.TURNOVER TROUBLE: The Jets have only forced three turnovers, putting them on pace to break the NFL record for fewest in a season of 12. Ive been a part of a lot of record-setting defences, but I never thought I would set one in futility, Ryan said. Thank goodness the year isnt over. I bet we wont be there. I bet we wont break that record.___Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Allenamento per lo Sci

»

Sci Alpinismo